How to make a complaint

Do you have a complaint?

Staffordshire Doctors Urgent Care want to give you the right care, at the right time, in the right place - but sometimes things go wrong.

If you are not happy with the treatment or service provided to you by SDUC, please let us know. You should make your complaint within 12 months of the incident, or within 12 months of the issue coming to your attention.

You can tell us the concerns yourself, or you can ask someone else (e.g. a relative, carer, friend, local MP) to complain on your behalf.

Who can you talk to?

You can talk to a member of SDUC staff and they will fill out a complaints form for you.

You can telephone the Governance Department on 01782 764523

You can email your complaint to

Or you can write to: Governance Department, SDUC, Staffordshire House, Unit 5 Riverside 2, Campbell Road, Stoke on Trent, ST4 4RJ

If you would like support to raise your complaint you can contact your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service, Citizens Advice Bureau or Clinical Commissioning Group.

What happens next?

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.

We will investigate your concerns thoroughly.

We aim to complete the full investigation and respond to you within 30 working days.

For further information on the complaints process and for useful contact details, please refer to SDUC's 'How To Make A Complaint' leaflet.

When you receive the response

We hope that your concerns will be resolved by using our complaints procedure.

We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong, and also gives us the opportunity to improve our service.

However, this does not affect your right to approach the Health Service Ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with. The Ombudsman carry out independent investigations and their services are free.

To contact the Ombudsman:
Telephone: 0345 015 4033
Write to: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower,
More information at

Useful contact details

To find contact details for your local Healthwatch, see or call Healthwatch England on 03000 683 000

You can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau via their website or call 03444 111 444

Find more information about your local Clinical Commissioning Group on the NHS choices site


Download the Vocare complaints policy (PDF)

Patient Feedback

We are constantly striving to improve our service so your feedback is welcome.

Click here to take our patient survey or send us any comments, complaints or suggestions you may have.

© Vocare 2022